Saturday, November 3, 2007

8 Years

So one of the most frustating things about getting married was that you had to start from zero in the "how long have you been married" questions. I mean the five years of dating is completely wiped out. (I am sure Kati can relate.) And now that it has been three+ years since we got married I have even begun to forget when our anniversary was - was it October 30th or the 31st?
Anyway, the other day I came home from a bridal shower when Josh had a gift for me sitting on our bed. He had gotton me a gift for the eight years that we have been together, married and otherwise. Wow! Eight Years! That is almost a third of my life! A third of my life I have been with Josh. It makes the previous life without him (and Christ) seem like such a long time ago - PRAISE THE LORD! I am so blessed.
What was the gift you may ask? Well, it was something I really wanted, but couldn't bring myself to buy because they were so expensive. A pair of Sketchers shoes. Yes, I am a loser. But my husband is so sweet. He remembered the exact pair, color and size.
But after eight years you would figure he would remember that kind of stuff.

3 comments:

graceling said...

I don't know your feet size and I have known you for 10 years.

That is why Josh is your hub and I am your girlfriend that lives forever away.

Also, can't believe you posted (TWICE!) and left a comment!

E and K said...

Awww, what a sweet guy! And yes, it does feel weird to say 5 months and not almost 6 years!
What do the shoes look like? I tend to like Sketcher designs too.

Eryka said...

You are a size seven. How cool am I?

I like that you have been with him for so long! I guess that means I have been friends with Grace for 9 years. Wow grace.