Monday, March 10, 2008

Waiting

So I am waiting. It has been a week and nothing has happened. Well, not nothing. I had a lovely experience with false labor on Friday night. It felt exactly like how labor felt with Charis, but after two and a half hours it went away. I mean, I was loading the bag, washing dishes, handing off stuff for work. Very frustrating.
I had another doctor's appointment today. Still 2cm and 70% effaced, but Selah has dropped a lot (no kidding - I could have told you that!). The interesting thing that happened is that my doctor offered to induce me when I turn 39 weeks, which is Thursday, like three days, like really soon and in your face. I know I could go anytime before then, but it is weird about knowing it for sure. I don't know what I want to do.
Here are my PROS:
- The kid is out - Yea!
- Selah will be born on Talitha's birthday
- We would get a full night's sleep the day before
- We could plan who is going to take care of Charis
- Very convenient day b/c Josh could still do youth group and church
Here are my CONS:
- It is kinda against my grain to induce, I think I want to go naturally
- If I don't, I will spend more time uncomfortable
- If I don't, I would have to wait until the following week to maybe be induced
- I am only 39 weeks
- I would have to take pitocin (spelling?) and that sucks and frankly, I am kinda scared of that pain hitting me like a ton of bricks
- I don't know much about being induced, so that is kinda scary

So I don't know what to do. I have to call my doctor about it this afternoon to schedule. I have put in some calls to my nurse friends for their take. Please pray for me and let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you...

Blessed Mommy said...

really have no advice except pray and talk to your nurse friends and I'll pray the Lord will make it clear -- either way she'll be here SOON!!!!

elj377 said...

I can't help you except to pray...both mine came early on their own! I guess it depends on how much more you can take...if you think you are done in and can't stand being pregnant anymore then I would recommend getting induced...if you are concerned for the extra drugs and stuff and think you can wait then I would recommend going naturally. Good luck!

LEST WE FORGET said...

I've technically had both...go on your own and "induction," but not full induction because with Marie I went in to my appointment having contractions and she just sent me over to the hospital because it was on my due date. The "P" thing (I don't know how to spell it either) is not so bad because they will give you an epidural so as not to feel the pain, but sometimes that causes the baby to come out too fast...like Natty (Loyola put her on the "P" without telling me). She then had to be on the respirator thing, and I did not like that at all. With Mercy, I went a week late, I thought I would go mad. It was in a sense completely natural...no pain medication. The epidural (I BEGGED) was only in effect for 10 minutes before she was born...I felt the whole thing...worst pain in my entire life. That was the third though and I was in denial that I was in labor...the more you have, the faster they come out :)). Yet, I took comfort in knowing something ...the Lord picked the birthday. You can make it Moriah. The Lord will give you strength. You've come this far already...you can go a little more. Besides, they won't let you go past two weeks after the due date.

It is ok to have induction though, but you and Josh talk and pray about it. The Lord will shut the door if He doesn't want you to do it.

Love ya Lots.
"Be of Good Courage for the Lord will strengthen your heart."

Christy

Anonymous said...

Moriah,

Mom always says wait for the baby, it will come when it is ready. If you have the choice let the Lord pick her birthday. YouCanDoIt!!!

See ya this summer,
Cousin Bec

graceling said...

Glad we got to talk. It is (medically) so much safer to just wait... and I think that in the end, when we let God order our steps (or contractions, as the case may be:), we are blessed.

I am thankful for the medical advances we have that allow doctors to save lives and prevent complications thru medications like Pitocin and surgery (C-section). (Really, I am very thankful- Abigail wouldn't be here if not for these things.) But like other areas of our life, we need to be good stewards of these blessings.

I promise, God won't let you stay pregnant much longer!