Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We are Going to Keep Waiting

Thank you all for your prayers and advice. Josh and I did decide to wait for Selah to come out in God's timing. As I was thinking about it, all my reasons for wanting to be induced were selfish. I felt like I was taking God out of the equation. And there isn't any medical reason why she should come out now. There is a reason why babies like to stay inside their mom's for 40 weeks.
Making this decision also helped me relax with my Labor Alert too. It made me realize that as much as I want her out I want what God wants more. So I have been able to let it go. In fact, aside for the huge belly, I haven't even felt pregnant these past two days. I feel like God's peace has settled over me. And that has to be because you all were praying. Thank you and I will continue to keep you posted.

(Maybe I will be even be amazing enough to let you all know when I do actually go into labor! But then again, with how fast everyone keeps telling me it goes I may not!)

7 comments:

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

Yeah, now that you gave it up it'll happen within a few days now. That's always how it goes....well, almost always.

I love you and thank you for keeping my little niece loved and safe. I appreciate your love for God and I know one day she will too.

Blessed Mommy said...

sounds like a great (and wise) decision!!! she'll really be here before you know it! enjoy a few last days with just your charis girl, once selah gets here it will never be the same :D

Chicago Momma said...

I think you made a good choice. And I can relate to the waiting aspect of it all but like you said, she won't come out until she's good and ready. No need to hurry it along. Maybe she just wants to wait until the snow is gone! :)

graceling said...

I'm so much more relaxed about your Labor Alert, too:)

elj377 said...

Good choice mama! Now just enjoy a few more days of Mommy and me time with Charis! Still praying for you!

Mandi said...

Moriah - I think of you often and am so excited for your new addition! I enjoy reading your blog and feeling like I'm apart of your life out there. Thanks for your honesty in your blog!

Eryka said...

You are such an inspiration! I'm so proud that you two decided to go with God's time. It always turns out to be the best!