Thursday, June 12, 2008

Busy Thursday at Nana's

We had a busy day at my mom's today. We were there for ten hours. She is helping prep for a wedding on Saturday, so that took up a lot of time. I was glad to help her. All the while, T and DP helped me by watching the girls.
And an update on Charis's potty training: she went three times today! We are still having wet diapers, but I hope to set aside Monday to be an intense potty training day. Any tips?
Below are more pics fromn our day which T sent to me so Josh could see them. (Thanks T!)

We decided to brave the pool while Charis was sleeping. I love Selah's monsterous diaper and her huge cheeks.

Someone was not thrilled to go in the water...

...but she eventually calmed down and enjoyed our refreshing dip.

Here is a picture of the babysitters - thanks guys!

Check out our beautiful girl - So Big!

I love the "Pose", what a hottie!
We had a fun day, but we can't wait until Saturday when we get to see Josh. Love you so much hon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Moriah! My name is Kelly and my daughter is at the camp with your hubby! He is doing an awesome job keeping us Texas parents in the know! Next year he should try to live blog, you know like people do for Steve Jobs at the Apple conferences. I think that that would be a major added bonus!! Like he doesn't have anything else to do!!
Only one more day without daddy! I know that it is more difficult without daddy around!!! Cute kids, by the way!!!

Josh Huff said...

Moriah, thank you so much for all the pictures and video... it is making being apart a little easier. The pictures of the pose and the pudgy cheeks are awesome. Can't wait to see you on Sat. Love, Josh

graceling said...

Grace's Potty Training Tips:

~ Pretty underwear:) Abigail was very motivated by her sparkly Nemo panties. I took her to the store and let her pick out which ones she wanted.
~ Stickers- I also let her pick out some (expensive) stickers that she could only get when she used the potty. I used this instead of candy:) She got to put the stickers on her shirt and could then tell any and everyone that she met that she used the potty and point to her sticker. It was a more permanent reminder of her success than candy.
~ Pictures and Phone Calls- Every successful trip to the potty was a celebration! I would take pictures of ther "results" or let her call my mom to tell her how cool she was for using the potty.
~Portapotty- I let Abigail sit on her potty while doing all sorts of things (watching movies, hanging out with me in the kitchen, etc) By having quick access to the potty, she was able to use it more successfully- often those little bladders can't yet hold it during the trip across the house to the bathroom. When we started nighttime potty training, her potty stayed in her bedroom overnight for quick access.
~Role Model- I always took Abigail to the bathroom with me whenever I had to go. This sounds gross, but we would look at my potty and talk about how I am a big girl so I do my potty in the toilet. Take advantage of the desire to "be like Mommy." If your sister or mom will do the same thing, Charis will be even more motivated to use the potty.

Hope those help!