Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesday without Daddy

Today was a nice day. The girls got Daddy his Father's Day gift, which we are pretty sure he is going to like. Then we played at a park. Charis could swing for hours! Then I tried to take the garbage out since a new missionary family is moving in tomorrow. Now, most of you don't know where the dumpster is in relation to our place, so let me explain: Our house is across the parking lot from the church and the dumpster is behind the church; it is about a football field away (right, hon?). I rolled the two garbage cans from the garage to the dumpster with Charis following me very slowly. I kept telling her to "Come On! Walk faster!" To which she would reply, " 'Om On!" and still walk just as slowly. When I got to the dumpster I realized I am either not strong enough or tall enough, or both, to push the lid back to dump the trash in. (Not that I would be strong enough to lift the garbage cans anyway.) So instead I proceeded to pull the bags out of the garbage cans and put them in the dumpster. So Gross! Then very slowly Charis and I walked back to the house. And where was Selah during all of this? Well, she was in the car sleeping when we started our trek, but by the time we got back she was in the car screaming. Yeah, I miss Josh and his amazing Dad/Husband skills.
The rest of the day was a lot calmer. The girls napped, I worked out (I am watching Bring it On while on the treadmill - so good!), then Nana and Opu's house. We went out for dinner at Red Robin (also so good!), and during our time there Charis spit out the Diet Coke she wanted to try, munched on a lemon, and cried/screamed at putting a jalepeno pepper in her mouth (man, her little hands are fast!). We ended the night on the webcam with daddy. Yeah, a crazy but nice day.

1 comment:

graceling said...

Wow. Selah looks soo much like Charis at that age!

I hated (and do hate) taking the trash out. It is better since Abigail is older and she can help (I give her a small bag of trash to carry.) Also, now my dumpster is closer, too:)