Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Peas and Barf

To finish off Charis's meals we tend to give her finger food. This can be her puffs, fruit, bread, etc. Today I decided to try peas. I should have had the camera ready.
She picked one up and looked at it with skepticism. I then put one in her mouth for her. She chewed it with a pained look on her face. Then she kinda gagged - from the taste, not the texture. I was about to go grab the camera to capture this hilarious moment when she gagged again. This time she threw up the pea and some of her "Garden Vegetables."

So I guess she doesn't like peas.

5 comments:

graceling said...

Really, can you blame her? I don't like peas either. I can only eat them because I take them one at a time and swallow them whole.

But I do like split pea soup.

I'm odd.

Mandalina said...

Yes, Grace is odd but that's why I love her.

Maybe give the peas another try sometime in the future. Grandma always said we had to try new things a couple times just to be sure we didn't like them. Actually, she said we just had to try them once but then she'd make us try them again.

elj377 said...

I read not too long ago that a child has to try something at least 11 times before you can be sure that they won't like them! Not really sure about that though since I've had peas more than 11 times and I would have to agree with Charis!

Eryka said...

Ya. Don't give up on the glorious pea. Maybe she had a burp and the mixture of the burped fumes and the pea didn't mix in her mouth. Charis really needs to like peas.

Blessed Mommy said...

hmm, interesting about the having to try a food 11 times. I almost gave up on my girls, and now they eat peas, corn, beans and carrots :) Don't give up!!