Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Colby's Debut is on March 13

So I found out that Colby is due on my sister Talitha's birthday, and it is only fitting that Talitha help me figure that out. Sometimes I wonder if I have a brain. If you are a boy and don't want to read a story about my ordeal with dates and the female "inner clock" then I suggest you stop now. For the rest of you, here is the story. (Grace GGG Meter I would say a 2.)

My first period after a glorious year and half off was May 1st. So I was expecting my next one on June 1st (yea Kati!). It did not come. Looking back I don't remember when it did come, but I did remember that it was 37 days in between them. So I did the math in my head and got June 17th. (Yeah, I know.) But something didn't feel right about it. We left for summer camp on the 18th and I didn't remember having my period then. And we found out we were expecting on July 14th (yea Tobi!), so that felt really early for June 17th, but not out of the picture. Then all my evil morning sickness symptoms seemed to come early. Even with all of these things I couldn't put my finger on it, so I just told the doctor June 17th and they said I was due March 25th ( Mom's birthday).
Well, after my appointment today - which is a story in itself, that you will get later - I called Talitha to discuss. I told her my due date and then expressed my confusion about it. It was only then that I realized my simple adding problems. Yes, I know, June 6th, not June 17th. Everything makes more sense. I am 9 weeks along and Colby is due March 13th - thank you Talitha.

...Maybe I should have done math in my senior year... but then again, how much is Calculus going to help with figuring out your due date?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

good call...

Talitha said...

YAY March 13th! What can I say... its a good day to be birthed! At least it won't be Friday the 13th! And I'm glad my math skills could be of use. I have no clue how you got June 17th you freak... there are more than 20 days in the month of May. I'm excited to meet little Colby! Love you guys!

elj377 said...

Have ya heard of the old method of recording the girl thing on a calendar??? It really does help!--Though then when your late you really freak out!

graceling said...

Wasn't that year and a half wonderful?:)

Try 4 years. And then 10 months of horror. And now back to glorious!

Yea for math! May I suggest NOT homeschooling for math?!

E and K said...

Yea Moriah! If it helps, I got really confused when I was reading this post. Eventually, after looking at a calendar and counting, I understood. Just to give you comfort, I'm slow too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Colby will arrive shortly before Zachary, who is due on March 24th. We should be on maternity leave at the same time. I hope your morning sickness gets better. Mine only really bothers me while I'm at work. I'm pretty sure that Zachary doesn't like sitting at a computer all day. :)