Thursday, August 9, 2007

Dad's Heart

Josh and I were woken today by a phone call from Talitha telling us my dad had a heart attack. First of all, he is doing fine. Mom and he were at the hospital when it happened and he immediately went in for surgery. They put a stint in and he is now recovering. He will be here a couple days, have another procedure to deal some other artories and then go home.
If you know my dad, you know his reaction. He is frustrated. He exercises and eats better than all of us. I mean he started having chest pains while he was on his daily 10+ mile bike ride to the train station. He is a warrior... a lion, and does not like to be wounded or weak. But aside from that he is recovering well.
I am at the hospital right now and will check in again later. But please keep our family in your prayers.

12 comments:

E and K said...

Many are praying for you and your family Moriah.

Anonymous said...

Dear Fam,

We are praying for all of you duing this time. Please keep us updated. May the Lord lay His healing hand on Uncle Rich and give you all peace during this upsetting time.

Luv,
Jaggers

Blessed Mommy said...

praying for you and your family.. i'm so glad your dad is alright!

Moriah said...

He is doing fine and seems to be recovering faster than expected. Please pray that he is a good patient (he is except for some rolling of the eyes) and that he realizes that this will need some recovery time (i.e. he can't jump on his bike on Tuesday for a 25 mile ride).

elj377 said...

So glad he is doing well. I am praying right now and will continue throughout the day and evening. Keep us posted! How are you feeling with all the extra stress?? Remember to rest and not stress out too much!

graceling said...

Praying for you. Love you.

Call me any time (seriously- I never sleep anymore) if you have questions or just need to talk!

Mandalina said...

I'm so glad to hear he's okay! You're all in my thoughts!

Moriah said...

Dad Update -
He is out of the ICU and will be staying until Wed. He has his other procedure on Tues. Things are gong fine. He hates the food but will be watching the bears game with the guys tomorrow night. Thanks for your prayers.

Eryka said...

I've been aware on this end via phone. Your sister is awesome. We have a long prayer chain going on him out here in the Pacific Northwest and I'm so happy to hear that he is recovering quickly and that your family is together. I miss you guys and I'm praying for all you!

Anonymous said...

We'll be praying for your dad and your whole family. I am sorry to hear of this happening.

We'll pray for God to enable you all to be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus in the midst of this difficult trial.

Anonymous said...

Bradley and I will be praying for you and your family, Moriah.
I'll pray for peace in your (and your dads') hearts.

Anonymous said...

I am going throigh some serious withdrawls here....I need updates and pictures of my favorite niece, like YESTERDAY!