Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My Schedule

I think it is only fitting for you all to understand my daily / weekly schedule, so maybe you will understand why I have not only not posted in forever, but why I no longer check my email or your blogs. (Ignore my double-negatives.)

I start my day between 7:30 and 8:00. This is the time I do my devotions. It is much needed and I have been VERY lax recently. But I am back in it now.

Between 8:30 and 10:00 I get both Charis and I fed, dressed and bathed (not in that order). And I try to pick up the house.

By 10:00 I tend to have something going. It is either errands, Women's Bible Study or a wonderful walk with Jan Stern through our incredibly mosquito infested neighborhood. If I am miraculously at home I try to wash dishes, vacuum Charis's leftover macaroni off the floor or fold laundry as quick as I can before Charis "helps" mama... unfold it.

Charis wants to say hi:
``````````gafdsxdb ny xcta kl pk jm,

12:30 is lunch time for Charis, so I get her fed and let her play while I eat. Then we hang out until nap time at 2:00.

Once she is asleep I go to work - in the second bedroom / office - PRAISE THE LORD! This lasts until 4:30 if I have a lot to do. If I don't I try to take a nap, a much needed 1st trimester of pregnancy nap.

4:30 hits and Charis needs another meal. By the time this is done Josh is home and we have started our evening. Sometimes we are out, at church or my parents, or sometimes we have his family over. Something is always going on.

Charis goes to sleep at 9:30 and I am in bed by 10:00, again I blame Colby. And yes, I get almost 10 hours of sleep each night.


So I will admit that there is lots of time that I could blog, but it just gets away from me. And as you can see from above, Charis wants to say hello to you all too, thereby making it even harder to pull a computer out. I do have more time with this job. But it is more time with Charis, and not really more time for my self. NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING!

I hope that gives you a glimmer into my life. It isn't exciting, but I love it and amidst the "mommyness" of it all I feel very blessed. Love you all and will talk to you soon!

5 comments:

graceling said...

Moriah,

Not once have I reflected back on the 14 months that I was home with Abigail and thought "gee, I wish I would have worked more" or "man, I really wish I would have ignored Abigail more" or "that year would have been so much better if I would have spent more time cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, shopping, etc..." I have, on more than one occastion, reflected that I wish I had been more "present" with Abigail... that I had been less distracted by school and work and house stuff.

I am glad your new job lets you have more time with Charis. Time is the one thing you can never get back or get more of... at the end of the day, she is another day older, and she will never be quite the same as she was before. So enjoy every minute of it...

Just make sure to throw us a bone once in a while!!!!

Last thought: how will this schedule work when it changes to:

8:30-wake up and feed Colby, get dressed, get the kids dressed and bathed, feed Charis and me.

10:30-feed Colby, run errands, pick up the house, take walk, Bible Study

12:30- feed Colby, feed Charis and me, clean up the messes, do a load of laundry, take out the stinky diaper trash, consider attempting to potty train Charis.

2:30-put Charis down for nap and feed Colby...

You get the idea. I'm kind of teasing:) I know you can do it. You did, after all, plan your wedding to the minute- I'm sure juggling the schedule of 2 kids will be very easy for you!

Spencers said...

Kudos to you girl! Take advantage of all the rest you can get, because once baby 2 is here those luxurious hours are GONE!:(

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

Wow, Grace, you're kind of a buzz kill...but it's all true...I'm here for you sister whenever you need to unload a child or two for some R and R. Or a nice date night. We love your children and you both. We really do like to watch Charis. She's such a joy. So, feel free to take me up on this.

Moriah said...

Crys, as soon as we are back from CA I will definitely want a date night! Melting Pot here we come!

JK x2 said...

Ok, so Charis saying his is the cutest ever...though probably not the most convenient when you're trying to type!