Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Packing

So we leave for California in 39 hours and I haven't begun packing. That is pretty frightening for me. Especially now that Charis has been added to the list. And not only that, she doesn't just need clothes and toiletries. She needs her whole world to move with us to California. I mean how many of you bring your bed, lunch chair, eating utensils and all your food with you when you go on a vacation? Not many I would guess. I am just glad the airlines let you bring 3 items each. But realize that since Charis is not paying (but sitting on our laps for 4 hours!) she does not get to bring 3 items. I estimate the 6 items Josh and I have will be 1 car seat, 1 pack and play, 1 stroller and 3 pieces of luggage (I hope to pack her booster seat and fan - HA!). This would all be fine if we owned 3 pieces of BIG luggage. But no, we have the big, medium and small, which isn't "just right". (Yes, I am thinking of Goldilocks and the three bears.)
Oh and speaking of flying... I asked the doctor how I can knock out my child on this trip. He told me unoffcially that Benedryl sometimes works. He then qualified it by saying, check it first, because some kids gets wired. Yeah, Charis gets wired. Well, at least I am glad we tried it out before we got on a plane with an off the wall, non-walking, but wanting to be moving toddler.
So anyway, I need to pack. Yeah, I am going to wait until tomorrow.

7 comments:

E and K said...

CA, for vacation? Lucky you! Take lots of pictures!

Unknown said...

"I mean how many of you bring your bed, lunch chair, eating utensils and all your food with you when you go on a vacation?"

Do people go on vacation without bringing these things??

Blessed Mommy said...

believe me when I say "i understand" :) don't worry, I'm sure it will be a piece of cake!

graceling said...

"Unofficially" you could try "nighttime" children's cold medicine...

Unofficially, of course:)

Eryka said...

Dimatapp always worked for me as a kid. and it tastes great!!

Anonymous said...

Slacker....

Anonymous said...

5 Posts + No Pictures = One Sad Aunty