Thursday, January 18, 2007

Changing Fun

Charis is so fun to change - Seriously! She has these tickle spots, so she laughs a lot. Her giggle is so cute. (I wish we could post movies) All of this makes up for what is to follow...
So I know you all have been wanting another poopy diaper story, so here it is. On Friday last week she had this huge poop that went up to middle of her back. Of course I was at the Tamakas so I had to strip her very carefully and wash her little behind off in the sink. It is always so disgusting because I just use my hand to wipe her off. I don't think a paper towel or wipe will work for the massive amounts of poop, and I am sure the Tamakas would not appreciate me using one of their dish sponges to clean Charis's poopy butt. But it all worked out in the end (no pun intended.)
And I thought that we would have a couple day break from poop. I was wrong.
The next day I had just changed her evening diaper when she looked at us with a big smile then bent over and grunted. We heard an explosion come out of her backside. She then looked up at us and smiled. Because we are experienced parents we did not rush to change her diaper quite yet. This is because of what ensued the following ten minutes - more smiling, grunting, explosions and then smiling. Once we were sure that the messes were over I changed her diaper. (Notice how it is always me and not Josh - he says it makes him gag. I think her poop smells like Dijon mustard and it just happens to have the same consistancy. It's her farts that you got to look out for.) Josh and I got a big laugh out of that one.
Again I was fooled to think that poop explosions would not happen for a little while longer. On Wednesday I was at the Tamakas (why is it always there?) and she was playing in her exer-saucer. I noticed her feet were standing in this chunky, watery brown stuff. I first thought that in Cameron's attempt to get in the exer-saucer earlier he had barfed all over the seat and I had put her in it without noticing. (Yes, this is very disgusting.) But it wasn't - thank goodness. I lifted her out and saw that her butt was fine, but her pant leg was soaked and poopy. Her diaper must have left open a hole for poop and pee to escape, which it did, so that she was prancing in it. I again was at the sink with a naked baby rubbing the poop off of her leg with my bare hand. This time around I had the joy of also scrubbing her clothes and santizing the bottom of the exer-saucer. This whole process easily took me thirty minutes. Thankfully Cameron was asleep and the Tamakas were picking up Conor from preschool.
All in all, I am glad my daughter's bowels are working, but I wish she could just learn to keep her explosive poops in her diapers.
(Since you endured those wonderful stories you can now look at how cute she is!)

She loves to play with her elephant while she gets changed.

Laughter, giggles and tickles!

Charis and Daddy watching the Bears game on Sunday - Go Bears!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word,....oh my word!!!! That's all I can say....oh my word (laughing so hard I am hurting and crying simultaneously)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graceling said...

Oh my heavens!

You should not post things that will make me laugh out loud with out a warning! Not so bad to randomly laugh out loud at home, but I happen to be at a quite, chill coffee shop! I GOT A BUNCH OF STRANGE LOOKS! NOT HELPING ME LOOK COOL HERE!

Anyway, I am glad you get to enjoy the bowels of your daughter. It's a lot better than not-enjoying the bowels of a stranger.

Also, Josh should never be a nurse.

Anonymous said...

Wow... that is amazing!! I can't handle it! Me and Ash get such a kick out of that... that is amazing!!!!!! HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! So funny!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Riah that outfit Charis is wearing in the one with her and Josh is too CUTE!! So adorable!

Eryka said...

I admit I laughed too. Not at Charis, but at you, because you have to stick your hands in poop. And the fact that you don't mind the smell of her poop that smells like Dijon mustard. Let me ask, do you still eat Dijon mustard??? I don't know if i could. But I guess that's what it means to be a mommy! You are willing to be elbow deep in poop for the one you made and love! Enjoy it! Soon she will be potty trained and you will miss her poop. At least she is a Ferrell child and will still have farts to make you smile.

Mandalina said...

Wow! I laughed too! Too funny! I had the same question about dijon Mustard. Ah the pleasures of parenthood.

Moriah said...

No, I do not eat Dijon mustard anymore. But Josh does... I don't know what to make of that.