Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Contract is Signed

So the contract is signed with our buyer and we close March 21st. Still a long way off and the final price is pretty low, but at least we know that it will be off our hands soon. To make matters more complicated we need to repaint EVERYTHING, walls and ceilings in every room / closet, inside the house. We figure we need to hire a professional painter for the high ceilings in the living room, but maybe we can paint the rest. So those of you nearby, beware! You may be called in for a painting party.
Everything else is going great with the family. I now have two weeks off of work while the family I sit for goes on vacation. I have some consulting work to do in the mean time to keep me busy. The youth group is doing great too. Jordan and Crystal have decided to become youth leaders - YEA! And at last night's Game Night we had around 50 kids! A lot were guests, Some that came the previous Wednesday and others that the students brought for the first time. We had a blast!
And Charis is as adorable as ever. I have been working on getting her to lay down without me having to rock her to sleep, then tiptoe out of the room hoping she won't wake up screaming. She is doing really good. We are also working on rolling over. This morning was the first time she did it! I was so thrilled. I think she could do it for a long time, but I didn't know how to coach her.
That's it for now. Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

Eryka said...

Yeah!! I'm glad things are coming together for you on that! If I were in the area, I would totally help you paint! I love painting.

Just FYI, I'm going to come to Chicago area for Easter and a few days after Easter. I might want a family to spend Easter with. Can you consult your familia?? Thanks! Love ya girlie!

Moriah said...

I am sure my family would love to have you with them. I may be in PA 'cuz Jen Berendt is getting married. I will fly home that day though. Give me a ring and we can talk about it.