Thursday, January 4, 2007

Welcome to a Huff Life!

Hello and welcome to a Huff Life! I am giving Josh back his own blog and will keep the comings and goings of our family on this blog.
It was hard to come up with a name for this blog. While the other blog is mostly about Charis I figure I will have another adorable munchkin someday (no, I am not pregnant, but I will keep you posted - more on that below). And as I have read my friends blogs it makes me want to have a spot to muse away my thoughts too. And I want a place to talk about what is going on with the entire family's lives So that is a how I came up with A Huff Life. (All right, there was moderate inspiration from "A Bug's Life" too.) It is more fitting because it is about all of us.
So here are my musings: Just an FYI, Josh and I are ready to bang out kids these next couple years (no pun intended). What that means is that while we aren't actively trying we also aren't preventing either. Now this is probably more than what you wanted to know, but it makes sense with what I have to say. I miss having the most obvious sign that confirms I am pregnant. I know you all are like "Oh, Hard life Moriah! You haven't had your period for a over year!" But how am I supposed to know I am pregnant? When one of my friends got pregnant with their second child they kept changing her due date because they didn't have a "last-period" mark. So not having it messes everything up. At least there was structure when I was riding the crimson wave (taken so graciously from Clueless). Anyway. Just complaining.
Here are the Charis updates: She went to the doctor today for her 4 month checkup and all is fine. Her height is 24 1/4 inches (50 percentile), weight is 12 pounds 7 ounces (25-50 percentile), and head is 16.5 inches (75 percentile). She is growing just fine. And she peed on me TWICE in the doctor's office. My jeans were soaked. And most people would go directly home and change. I went shopping and grabbed a bite to eat. Maybe I am a little too used to being a human burp cloth!
Enjoy your day my friends!

5 comments:

graceling said...

YEA! I get to be the first commenter on the new blog!

I love you guys.

And Moriah, we never, EVER complain about not having a period. Ever. Instead, we rejoice in how much money we are saving on tampons.

Also, not that you want my advice about when you should have your next child, but I thought I would say that medically, things tend to go better when you wait a year between the birth of one and the conception of the next. So that's my 2 cents.

Love ya!

Moriah said...

I am not hoping or planning on getting pregnant for many moons, but, as you very well know, I like to have everything under my control.

Anonymous said...

Well, that sounds like you are just trying to make the next one a surprise.....Perhaps?


Just Kidding!!!!

I am glad to see you are back!

Eryka said...

HI! What a plesant surprise to see you have created a site for youself! I'm so excited. EXCIEEETTED. YAY.

Now we just have to get Talitha and Crystal on board with their own sites and we have a sisterhood of traveling pants, or uhh...traveling words. Traveling thoughts? I'll let you think on that one as my brain is full of sixth graders.
Love you! Miss you! And yay for no periods. I hear some birth control can do away with them too. :-) But thats not for you.

Mandalina said...

Okay, I guess I'll be the oddball that says I'm happy when I get my period. Not like jumping-for-joy-bring-on-the-cramps. More like thank-you-body-for-shedding-that-stuff. I think it makes perfect sense to have a period and it would help with due dates and what-not. It's worth the cost of tampons.

You're little girl is getting so big! Aww!