Thursday, June 28, 2007

Charis Update

There have been a whirlwind of changes with Charis recently...
The day we left for Camp Sue Bixby weighed Charis and she has gained at least one pound in two weeks. She is visibly bigger and you can definitely feel how heavy she has gotten. Praise the Lord!
Charis is moving around a lot. I can't just leave her alone because she will move to another room if I am not watching. She is walking from one piece of furniture to another. Not quite walking yet, but on her way there.
Charis is also almost weaned. I have stopped even trying to feed her for lunch and dinner. Breakfast is about out too. At least she is still nursing before bed, and more importantly, taking formula.
And she is saying Mama! It's more like "Mmmmmaaaaaaa.......Mmmmmmaaaaa!" At first I didn't think she realized that was me, but now it is obvious she wants me when she says it. It is so cute. And I love that is was her first word!
That's about it for now. I am sorry I don't have pictures in this post, but I promise I will post some soon!

4 comments:

elj377 said...

Wow! Sounds like she just wanted to stress you out mom! Don't you just love the way that you freak out because you think that there is something majorly wrong and that its all your fault and then they go and change! Happy late birthday and anniversary! Sounds like your husband made sure your first anniversary as parents was special--I think that is the one with the biggest changes! Any way 25 isn't old--wait till your 30 like me! AAAHHH! have a great week.

Eryka said...

I'm glad all your prayers are being answered! I'm excited for more words to come from Charis! I wish I could be there to witness!!

Mandalina said...

Hooray! Now she can get into EVERYTHING! Does that mean it's almost time for another one?

I think there should be a whole football time of Huffs! Seriously, see how adorable she is? The world needs more!

Anonymous said...

Hey Moriah, I updated me blog.....what's the hold up? Did you know you posted this last month?