Monday, June 25, 2007

Home Again

So we are back from Summer Camp and it was an awesome week. I am so glad that I got to go for the whole week. Charis was such a trooper. She adjusted her schedule to fit camp really well. And I was never at a lack of babysitters. I was so blessed to lead worship with the band. The music totally rocked and was full of rich text that focused on God. Josh did an amazing job leading worship and the camp. My brother Jordan came up with fabulous games and the Blue Team (Go Chill!) made a great showing; we got second place. I was so encouraged by how they worked together. There weren't any fights or frustrations with each other. And I also really enjoyed my small group time. Those girls are so solid and challenge me! All in all it was a great week and I can't wait to see the changes it made in our lives. If you want more details check out the Summer Camp blog.
A couple side notes about the week...
- Charis fell off the bed onto her head on Tuesday. A huge black and blue bump immediately appeared and I freaked out. She screamed her head off, but once she settled she was fine. And amazingly the bump was barely there the next day and the coloring faded back to normal really quickly.
- Josh and I celebrated our three year anniversary while at camp. We said we weren't going to do anything for eachother, but he got me roses and gave them to me in front of the whole group. And we even got to take a walk together without Charis (yeah, the week was that busy). Tomorrow we are going to The Melting Pot to truly celebrate.
- Last night was our Senior Night at church. It is a night where we spotlight the seniors who have graduated and give them a charge. I love being in this ministry, but it is so hard to let these guys go. I cried during the slideshow presentation. One of the students just started to get involved at the beginning of 2007 when he got saved. He is leaving for the marines tomorrow and it is hard facing the fact that we may never see him again. I have loved watching him flourish in his relationship with God and build lasting friendships with the students in the youth group. In fact, last night he also got baptised. And he is just one of ten seniors who Josh and I have gotton to know and have to let go. We are excited for next year's crop, but it is still hard.

Josh and I have recently been struck that we are so blessed. I mean, all of this is Josh's JOB. Most people hate going to their job and can't wait until their shift is over, but we get to invest in people's lives at a time when they are making some big decisions where their lives are going to go and who they are going to be. What a rewarding job to have. Just last night we had about 30 students over for some pizza and to play Sardines in our house. It was a great time. After a week of being with them we only want to hang out with them more. And they only want to hang out with each other more. How can we be anymore blessed? God is so good. Thank you Lord for the blessing you have poured out in our lives.

5 comments:

E and K said...

That's a really sweet post Moriah. I'm glad you both get such enjoyment out of youth work. The cool thing is that as they grow and leave, they'll remember you guys, and you'll get to see them grow up, get married, and start families. And they'll always remember you as their wonderful and caring youth leaders.

graceling said...

I want to have pizza and play sardines!

But then again, you couldn't pay me to go back to high school...

Glad you had a great week!

Eryka said...

Ya I was not a lover of high school either. But I also did not find home in a youth group like you did. I'm so glad these kids have you to support and teach them. You are making a huge difference!

Anonymous said...

Ah, the youth group memories! So glad that you all had a wonderful time and cherished the time with your kids.
Have fun at the Melting Pot! Yummy!
~Meg

Anonymous said...

Moriah- This post was encouraging to me. I am one of those people who dread my work day... I yearn for the days when Brad and I are in church, but I know that there are always going to be issues no matter where you work. :)
Glad to hear camp went well and love to hear how the Lord is working in the lives of the HUFFs! Love and miss you guys!