Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Getting Around

God is Awesome! Charis is doing really well. It is like a light switch flipped on and she is on the move. She is army crawling everywhere and beginning to pull up on things. She loves to stand and play with toys on the ottoman. She will even take a stroll around it to get to toys or her food. And get this - she is willing to hold onto just one of my hands and have the other hand on furniture to walk around. (If you know anything about Charis' walking she will throw a tantrum if you do not offer her both hands to walk around - she freaks out and refuses to move.) She is beginning to move from the ottoman to the couch by holding onto a leg. Basically she is getting pretty brave and is on the move. She is not content to sit in my lap. She wants to stand and walk. Who knows what the next post will say... maybe she will be walking!
In regards to her food, she is eating at least double what she used to eat before and is getting a nice little pot belly. We tried to weigh her on my mom's meat scale but she had too much fun bouncing up an down on it for us to figure out her real weight. We figure around 16 pounds! She is also drinking formula and goats milk - whatever we give her - to supplement the breast feeding. We think it was a cup vs. bottle confusion.
And to top it all off she is now saying "mama." Not that we believe she equates it with me, but at least we are on the right path. (I must admit it does make my heart flutter when I hear it!)
God is awesome. And He was awesome when things were scary and hard and I couldn't see it. But I will praise Him today for the work He is doing in Charis. Thank you Lord!

Following the line of Cheerios

She crawls so fast, she crawls out of her pants!

4 comments:

graceling said...

YEA! Yea for crawling and pulling up and moving!

Yea for food! It motivates me, so it makes sense that it would motivate Charis. Soon you can make her walk and say Mama for cheese.

Kind of like how you train a pet to do tricks:)

Eryka said...

YES! I'm excited for the use of cheese. You can get me to do almost anything if you tempt me with cheese. The other one that works is Chocolate.

elj377 said...

Isn't amazing how your worries disappear when you stop freaking out about them! God is so good! I love the picture of the pants left off the body!

Anonymous said...

Moriah -
She is a perfect combination of you and Josh.
I love this blog - and love hearing updates on your family.
What a neat thing..this internet.