Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Senior Trip

Josh and I took all the FVBC students on their Senior Trip yesterday and had a great time. It was a really long day though. We left at 8am and got back at 11pm. We traveled to Wisconsin Dells and hung out at Mount Olympus. This place is awesome! It has indoor and outdoor waterparks, indoor and outdoor themeparks, go karts and even mini golf (though no one would do it with me). I was really nervous about the weather because the high was 67 degrees and scattered showers. But it ended up being pretty nice - not the tanning day I hoped for - but no rain and warm enough to endure the waterslides.
We started on the coasters. They are all wooden coasters and very rickety. One of them even has a sign that says "You must be 18 years old to sit in the last car." Yeah, a little frightening. But the best coaster they have is called Hades. It is called this because you go underground. Not just for two seconds, like at Great America, but for a good twenty seconds. The big drop plunges you under the parking lot and you curve around under there for a bit. When you come out you are sideways and near the main street, where you have more hills. Then you plunge underground again for more twists and turns. Oh yeah, it is completely dark, no lights, nothing. It is awesome and I completely recommend it for any coaster lover.
The go karts were fine. I was determined to win. (Think Cars, "I am speed.") However, I always chose the stupid car. I pushed the gas down the whole time, but was passed by everyone. Oh well. Pride goeth before the fall.
The waterslides were really fun, freezing, but fun. The best was one of those family raft rides. You rode the sides so high that you were literally hanging over the people on the other side of the raft. If you weren't hanging on you would have fallen on top of them.
After Mount Olympus we went out for dinner at R Place. It is this hole in the wall restaurant that serves a five course Italian meal. Josh and I love it and it was fun to take everyone there. Oh yeah, we had 10 seniors come with us. We were amazed. We have about 4-5 active seniors, but they all came out of the woodwork for this trip. It was great to have everyone there and they all got along really well considering some of them didn't know each other at all.
So I am VERY tired! I had to be at work today at 7am and when I crawled out of bed my body was so sore from the coasters, water slides and walking we did. I can't wait for my nap this afternoon!

2 comments:

Eryka said...

I'm glad it worked out and that you didn't have to use your alternative ideas. Plus, good choice with the italian food. I wish I had some!

E and K said...

What seniors went? Sounds like a pretty good senior trip!