Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Since I am Irish I will tell you a tale of my St. Patrick's Day Festivities. I woke up to proudly put on a green shirt, deciding I need to buy more green because it makes my eyes really stand out. I then fed the munchkin and worked out. By that time Josh was done with biblestudy with his guys, so I helped him get ready for work. Now understand he works at Bennigans, an Irish Pub, so today is the biggest day of the year for them. He decided to wear green and hairspray his hair and beard red to look like a leprachan (a big leprachan). So I went to work on spraying his head red. Now if he or I had a half a brain we would have done things differently. See Josh's bro Jeremy came over earlier that morning to do the same thing to his head because he works at another Irish Pub, and we offered to Jer to use some of the hairspray we have. If you don't already see where I am going, here is a little more. Josh was also going to be wearing a huge hat that would cover half his head, but regardless I started spraying his head. After his head was done he began to spray his beard... and ran out of hairspray halfway through his beard. If he didn't already look ridiculous, he most certinly did now. (Don't you wish I had a picture to post with all of this?) I told him just grab some more from Walgreens on his way into work. So my big leprachan left and I went about cleaning the house. Half an hour later I get a call from him telling me that Walgreens didn't have anything and he was at work feeling like a freak. So being the good wife I am, I was sent to find him some red hairspray. Thankfully I called around first, because the first six stores I called did not have it. So I arrived at Bennigans with hairspray in hand, saving the day. I also gave him a homemade button that said, "Don't Kiss Me, My Wife's Irish." The rest of the day was spent shopping for five hours, getting four things and eating Taco Bell, not roast beef and cabbage. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Eryka said...

OH I love it!! Yeah Irish Wives!

graceling said...

I'm Irish, and my St. Patty's day was mostly spent cleaning up poop.

Not nearly as fun as you:(

Anonymous said...

Hysterical! Love you guys! Yea for 73 days!!!