Sunday, March 25, 2007

One Great Weekend

We just had one great weekend! On Friday night we had Game Night with the youth group. This month we did some old school Awana Olympics. I was never in Awana ("We are Pioneers for Jesus..."), so I didn't appreciate them quite as much, but it was still fun. Everyone dressed up in their colors - I wore green, with some fabulous socks. It is quite a workout to do those games, or at least that is what Crys and Jordan tell me! I couldn't do everything because I had to hold Charis - Haha!
On Saturday I ran around with my head cut off - grocery shopping, Kati's for invitation making and food prep for mom's birthday. In the evening we hung out with my family and watched Eragon. This is what Josh and I decided about the movie - It stunk, however it could be really awesome if they would have done it properly and not tried to cram it into an hour and a half. We can tell the story is really good and it inspires us to read the books.
Sunday was so fun! Today was my mom's 29th birthday (with a couple anniversaries). Us kids have been planning this lunch for a while. We went to Island Park by Mill Race Inn and had a picnic. We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather. The ground however was like grassy quicksand. So we grilled and ate yummy food. (I made Reese Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake and it actually turned out really good!) We then did some short skits of our favorite memories and personality ... quirks... about mom. They were hilarious and she was a really good sport. She is such a great mom to me even though I am now a mom myself. There is much from her that I would like to emmulate to Charis. (***I love you mom!***)
Church had some great worship today and in sunday school we talked about eschatology - always a fun subject. And then Josh was sweet enough to get us Chipotle for dinner while we watched Sweet Home Alabama - go chick flick! I have such a good honey.
So I had a great weekend and I hope you all did too!

4 comments:

graceling said...

I like your mom! Happy birthday to her!

Also, I like you:)

Anonymous said...

Definitely read Eragon and Eldest; they are WAY better than the movie. The movie is fun, but like you said, they definitely cram WAY TOO MUCH (and not even accurately) into an hour and a half!

The little one is looking older and older everytime I look at your blog. She's a beautiful little girl! :)

-Christa

Eryka said...

Happy Birthday mommy ferrell! I can't wait to see you and eat your yummy leftovers. Moriah, you have a great mom! I'm glad our moms are friends.

Anonymous said...

Yea for Moriah helping make invitations! And yea for Moriah having a fantasimal weekend! How's everything with the house and all that?