Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter Sadness

So Josh and I have been freaks anticipating Harry Potter movie 5. I have spent the past couple months reading through the books again and I can't wait to read the final one in ten days. Movie 5 came out last night at midnight and being the devoted fans we are we went to the showing. We arrived at the theater at 10:30 with an entourage of fans. We were easily 500 people back in line. But we eagerly awaited. They were filling one theater with people and then would move to another one. So we were thrilled when our group was at the beginning of the next theater. We rushed in and got fabulous seats in the front and center. To pass the time we played cards and discussed our favorite Harry Potter moments. The movie started a little late around 12:15am. We watched a couple previews when the film cut out. The whole audience gave a wounded outcry. After ten minutes waiting it restarted for about another two minutes of previews, then it cut out again. We waited another frustating ten minutes when a manager got out attention and explained that the film had wound on it self and needed to be rewound, which would take another fifteen minutes. That took us to one AM. The manager then came out again and said they were going to try it again, but if it didn't work the movie would be cancelled. Guess what happened? It didn't work. I didn't see the movie. They tried to play it off by giving us a coupon for free popcorn and then they signed our tickets to use them again in the future. (Which they didn't seem to understand was equal to giving us our money back and not getting us another free movie.) With the lack of sleep and the HUGE disappointment of not seeing Harry Potter I was pretty angry. Josh had to tell me to watch my witness. I didn't get to sleep until two AM and I had to be at work at seven. And since I have to see it tonight, I am sure I won't be going to bed until one AM tonight either.
So yeah, Harry Potter sadness.

7 comments:

E and K said...

Eric and I almost went with you guys... glad we didn't! We're going on Sat. after Tobi's wedding. So don't say a single word to me about it!!!
Sorry for your disappointment, I would have caused a riot! Sounds like you did really good to me! (yea for July 21, book #7!)

elj377 said...

Let me know how it is, I've been so disappointed with the movies for the first 4 books. I hate when they put in stuff that isn't in the books and then leave out the best parts of the books! Hope you get some rest before you see the movie!

Anonymous said...

Moriah,

I am SO sorry to hear that! When Matt talked to Josh we felt SO bad for you guys!
Don't worry too much though. The movie is SWEET and you'll forget about the trouble after you see it tonight. It's the best movie yet...if only they had made it longer!

Have fun tonight!

graceling said...

At least you will have Harry Potter happiness tonight!

And it WILL be worth it!

Eryka said...

I feel lots of "grrrr"s for you!! I think you held it together much better than I would. Thankfully you get to see it tonight!

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

Idolize Much?

Anonymous said...

So sad! Glad I didnt' cave and go with you guys. Hope you survived your day without sleep and are already basking in the happiness that is a HP movie. I'm hoping to see it this weeked.
Meg