Friday, July 27, 2007

Number 2

Can you see what she is holding... or more like what she insisted on chewing on? (Yeah, I know it is really disgusting, but at least the cap is on.) So number 2 is on the way.
We found out a few weeks ago. I am due at the end of March and I am not sure how far along I am. Some places say 6 weeks. But if that is the case we found out before you are even able to find out, so I don't get it. My first doctor's appointment is next week, so I will let you all know.
As you have read in my previous posts, I was not very excited about having another child. God has graciously been changing my heart. I am not jumping for joy or wanting to talk about Number 2 every waking moment, but I have accepted it. The prospect of getting out of my job has helped immensely. (Are things all beginning to fit together?)
Here's an interesting story for you... Josh and I weren't going to tell anyone about this until either his birthday next week or Charis' next month. (Don't you see how my excitement was bursting?) But last week Josh's boss Doug out of the middle of nowhere asked him if I was pregnant. Josh was stunned and tried to avoid the question while figuring out how he found out. Doug proceeded to tell Josh that a woman who used to attend the church mentioned it while his family was getting their hair cut. Doug questioned her whether that was right and if she meant my sis Crystal, but she was adamant. We eventually figured out that the person who told her had mixed up Crystal and I and this rumor was beginning to get around.
So Josh called me with this news on Tuesday while I am in bible study with my girls, one being Doug's daughter, who also heard this rumor. I am freaking out and immediately rush Whitney into the other room to tell her to keep quiet. But when I come back the girls are all looking at me questioningly, so I tell them. Then that night we told the family and it has been slowly getting out since then.
But this is my official announcement to my blogging family. I am pregnant with Number 2, "Colby", which actually has no correlation to the names we have chosen. You know and I will continue to keep you updated.

I don't know about this!

Don't worry, these pictures were taken weeks ago
and this... applicator... has long been thrown away.

12 comments:

graceling said...

Deuce. Sweet.

Colby makes me think of cheese. And then I want to eat your little baby. So I am going to call it deuce.

E and K said...

Congrats Moriah! I'm sure you'll be thrilled once you start getting to know this new little Huff!

Moriah said...

Grace, actually Colby did come from cheese, but that is another post.

elj377 said...

Congratulations!!! A new baby is always good news! I love the nickname too--my husband came up with ones I didn't like and if we ever have number three he is insisting that we call it ROOFUS till we find out! So I definately don't want anymore! Hope that Colby is being easy on you and you miss out on morning sickness and the like!

Blessed Mommy said...

Congrats to you and josh!!!!! children are such a blessing from the Lord (as you know :) and i am so excited for your family to grow to 4!!

Anonymous said...

Moriah & Josh,
Congrats on the addition to your family. Now there will be 4 2nd cousins very close in age how fun. I love reading both yours & Crystal's bloggs, it keeps me up to date with the fam way out in Chicago. Miss you guys maybe I will see you @ Christmas.
Luv ya,
Bec

Anonymous said...

Moriah -
I am thrilled for you guys! I'm sure it's interesting thinking about number two...But God gives his Grace, doesn't he? And, I can tell you are an amazing mom, things will be fine.
My brother actually just called this mornign to tell me he and his wife are 5 weeks along in their pregnancy. I have to admit...the baby bug has bitten me, well, has had a latch hold actually for years.
Maybe we'll have news in a few months?

Mandalina said...

WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited! The start of the Huff baseball team! Or maybe Soccer team!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna be an aunty, I'm gonna be an aunty, I'm gonna be an aunty, I'm gonna be an aunty, I'm gonna be an aunty, I'm gonna be an aunty, I'm gonna be an aunty, I'm gonna be an aunty.....Again!

Talitha said...

Me too! YAY! Hey! March 2008 I will have 3 nieces and nephews! YAY! So excited!!!!

P.S. Charis is SO beautiful with her big blue eyes. It almost makes me forget how gross it is that she is chewing on the pregnancy test you peed on...

the Zepeda family said...

congrats moriah (and josh and charis)!! Children are such a blessing from God!! we will be keeping you in our prayers!

Eryka said...

I love you!