Friday, July 13, 2007

Rahab - One Cool Chick

So I was reading in Joshua 2 yesterday about Rehab and the spies and I was just amazed at what God did in her life. She was a heathen prostitute that God called to be one of His children. He revealed Himself to her, a disgusting harlot, and she believed in Him. Not only did He save her life in the fall of Jericho, but called her to live with the Israelites. Though her family was saved, she was given a new family. And not only that, but He blessed the world through her. She is one of the five amazing women in Christ's lineage. What an amazing blessing! So God took a big, fat sinner and made her a beautiful woman of God.
You know, I feel I can relate a lot with Rehab. I too was harlot with a heart black with sin and God called me out of that life. I know all too well where my life would be if I had continued down that road. I do not have to keep searching in vain for something to satisfy me and He has overflowed my life with blessings - my wonderful husband and daughter, close family, good friends, and a great ministry at our church. If this weren't enough, He has also allowed me to bless others in our youth group through sharing what I have learned in His word and in the experiences I have had. I don't deserve any of it. And He knows it, but He is an abundant God.
So Rehab and I have a lot in common. We have been called, saved, changed, blessed and now can bless. What an awesome God we serve!

3 comments:

elj377 said...

Great points! Though its not rehab its Rahab! Thanks for the reminder!

elj377 said...

I'm glad that you changed the name! I have been rereading Joshua since you posted! Thanks for reminding me that the Word of God is so important! Hope things are going well for you!

Moriah said...

Thanks for the encouragement and the spellcheck!