Monday, February 12, 2007

Night Away Reflections

I never told you guys how my night away went...

To sum it up, Josh and I had a simply wonderful time! I only got a little misty when we were loading Charis up in the car to drop her off at the Huffs. I told Josh in the strongest, most in control voice I could muster, "Distract me." And he did.
Droping her off was fine and I started to get really excited for my night alone with Josh. We had dinner at Tuscana, our favorite place, and besides for the freezing cold that seemed to chase me inside it was very yummy! After dinner we drove the 2 blocks to Graham's Chocolate for my fudge. This is a tradition we started a couple years ago; whenever we have a special night away we always get some fudge to enjoy during the evening.
We wanted to go out somewhere, but didn't really have any good ideas. So we went somewhere we haven't been to in many years - Mill Race Inn. For those of you who don't know, Josh worked there while we were dating. It was great to see some people who knew us forever ago. They were surprised at how fast time had flown - that we have been married for almost three years and that we have a daughter. One of the ladies even got a little choked up. Going there was like a stoll down memory lane. It helped remind me of what life was like when it was just the two of us.
After that we went to our hotel and enjoyed the pool and hot tub. Our room was great too. We took a dip in our whirlpool while we enjoyed some wine, good cheese and our fudge. A little while later : ) we watched Stranger Than Fiction. It was really interesting. Not a typical Will Ferrell movie, but good. We got to sleep in late, do a little shopping in the morning and eat brunch at Bennigans before we picked up Charis.
The night was wonderful and much needed. It reminded me of who Josh and I are as a couple, without the munchkin. We had a great time being alone together and promised that we would make time to have a special night just the two of us once a month.
So I endured and flourished during my night away from Charis and look forward to many more!

3 comments:

graceling said...

Yea!

I'm glad you had a good time.

I remember having to pump at least 3 times during my first night away (it should only have been 1-2 times) but I was really emotional, so...

Anyway, now I want fudge.

Love

Eryka said...

smiles and giggles.

Mandalina said...

Hooray! Sounds like fun! I felt like maybe we should have some 70's music playing in the background at that one point with the smiley face. bow chica bow...

;)