Friday, February 16, 2007

Our God is Awesome!

We serve such an amazing God! He has proved Himself to us over and over again and we have no need to doubt. As you may remember we have all sorts of things that need to be fixed before we close on our house nextmonth. The total bill was a couple thousand dollars. Frankly, Josh and I had absolutely no idea where the money was going to come from. I have been working some side jobs to help get more income, but it isn't exactly going to pay for everything. On Thursday night we sat down to do our tax return. We needed to know if we were going to get any help from our return or if we were going to have to shell out more money, like last year. When we got to the end we saw that we were getting back enough money to cover ALL the things we need to get done, plus $11 (here we come Chipotle!). Isn't that amazing? Not "I-can't-believe-it" amazing, but "isn't-our-God-awesome" amazing.
I hope that this post gives glory to our amazing and awesome God who always takes care of our family.

On a side note: Just when one test of our faith was completed we were handed another. I am not sure how long my job with the Tomakas is going to last. They need someone full time and they are strugling finding someone to cover the days I am not there, so they may have to hire someone to replace me. Again, I know our God can do anything and I can't wait to see how He takes care of this. Please keep us in your prayers, and let me know if you hear anything. Thanks!

3 comments:

graceling said...

I need to file my taxes.

Stink.

And pay my local taxes.

Double stink.

Kind of like you and me farting at the same time.

Anonymous said...

God is so Awesome to you both! I love seeing every little thing you bring before him work out to great glorification to Him!

Your house
Your jobs
Your marriage
Your baby
Even silly taxes and expenses...

God is truly great to those who are faithful to Him.

I am so proud of your faith in Him. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep looking for a possible job position for Riah, and keep you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi Moriah,

I must say that I enjoy reading your blog and hearing about all the new discoveries that come with having a new little person to care for and love.

It's great to hear about God's provision for you and Josh-what a blessing! He is faithful to care for his own.