Sunday, April 22, 2007

Brookfield Zoo

We went to Brookfield Zoo on Saturday! It took us an hour and a half to get there, the last half hour was the final mile - totally frustrating. Who would have thought so many people wanted to go to the zoo? We went with the Szobodys. It was a blast! Charis didn't notice the animals at all though. I guess her love of cats and dogs doesn't transfer to lions, tigers and bears - oh my! I am figuring that she only notices animals that are nearby and are moving, which almost none of them were. But she did enjoy watching all the people and being outside. Amazingly she did not get any sun, unlike mommy and daddy. Josh and I had a great time though. We hadn't been to the zoo since we were kids, so it was really neat to see giraffes and elephants. I can't wait until Charis is a little older for her to enjoy it too.

I think we were watching the monkeys here, but I'm not sure

Do you see the big elephant Charis?

I guess the camera is more interesting than the giraffe

Cute baby

Look it's mommy's favorite - a HIPPO!

6 comments:

All Because a Boy Met a Girl said...

Someday, I'll go to Brookfield and look at the hippos too! I really wanna go now though.

Charis, seriously, stop being the cutest baby in the world, cause my kid is getting jealous already, and it's ears aren't fully formed yet!

Eryka said...

HIPPOS! I love hippos! Hungry Hungry Hippos.

graceling said...

Um, I want to go to the zoo... Maybe when I am out in May?

Or in Seattle? We can all look at the hippos together!

Anonymous said...

You always loved the zoo. Do you remember Cosley Park the petting zoo in Wheaton. You and Eryka use to go there with the Rods, and Smiths? Do you also remember the 5 legged zebra?

MOMMY F

Moriah said...

I loved Cosley Park! (That's the one with the train, right?) I remember eating peanut butter and jelly on our picnic lunches. The five-legged zebra sounds familiar, but I don't exactly remember the story behind it.

ashley said...

you guys are the cutest family. good to see you're doing so well. have you been to Shedd Aquarium with her? it's a blast.

we really should meet up sometime. :)