Thursday, April 12, 2007

Death and Ressurection

This past weekend we celebrated and mourned the death of someone. Most obviously, it was Christ, but it was also the mother of a friend at church. She was a little older than my parents and she has had cancer for the past couple years. The cancer was in remission for a while, but then it came back. It seemed to happen so suddenly. I hate cancer. It seems like it always wins. Even if someone is in remission, it will always come back and take your life.
I was kinda surprised at how it evoked so many emotions in me. I was not close to her or even that close to her son and his wife. But it reminded me of my grandfather, who has been close to my mind these past couple months. I miss him and holidays are not the same without him. I can't wait to see him again and have him meet my little girl. I am so sad that he missed that.
It also made me face losing my parents someday and losing Josh someday. I try to focus on the hope we have in Christ, that I will see them again. But I am selfish and want to be with them forever, with no breaks.
It was so fitting that all of this came out over Easter weekend. I am so thankful for Christ and His unbelievably gracious sacrifice for me and my loved ones. Because of His death I will be reunited with them again someday. So I do not have to mourn as one who has no hope. And not only that, I will be forever united with my Lord. Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow! Thank you Lord for loving me when I hated You and for giving me a full life overflowing with Your blessings.

No comments: